Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fairy Dust



Hello Everyone,


Over the weekend I received a cute little stamp called
Silver Fairy from Whimsy stamps.
I purchased it from a great company called
Super prices and fast shipping.
Tell them I sent you.



I stared out with some
I wanted to make a gate fold card.
So I pulled out
This tool makes it so easy to score the folds
and make the card.
I stamped out the fairy on bleed proof
paper and colored it  in with my
These markers are alcohol based
 and come in over 160 colors.
Super easy to blend and create the effect you want.
I cut her out and placed her on
 a layer of gold and black card stock.
Then stamped the Birch Tree from the
Magnolia stamp set on the black paper
 with white chalk ink.



I found a great product called
When you put it on something, it dries
 to a hard glossy finish.
You can also use it as a glue.
It works fast and hold very well.
 Here I used it on the wings .


On the front I added some prima flowers
and little leaves I cut out with my Big Shot
Machine using the cuttle bug leaf shape.
The middle of the card was cut out with
 the new Heartfelt Creations die called
Decorative Chateau Gate.
From Spellbinders.
Here are a couple more pictures.






To finish up, I punch butterfly wholes
 to string the ribbon through,
And tied bows to close it up.



I had a great time making this for you.
I hope you like it.

Thank you for stopping by.
And have a scrappy day.

5 comments:

Jill said...

It's adorable. Love the little fairy!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Lovely card Kathy! Her wings come alive.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Frank said...

Fantastic color scheme. Wings look great. Love it.

Stacy H-W said...

This is really just so pretty Kathy!! Great job.

Tracy Valure said...

Beautiful Kathy, love how it opens!

Hugs,
Tracy Valure