Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday Dinner




Hi everyone,


Today I had a sweet tooth and made
a fast dessert. You can use any
box cake mix you want. I used a Red Velvet
cake mix from Duncan Hines.

The recipe is from my moms recipe book.
It is for the "Cream Cheese Frosting".
It is soooo yummy

Here is the cake:









This recipe is so easy and it is good on all kinds of desserts. Like carrot cake and home made
cinnamon rolls, chocolate cup cakes, and
from waffles to pancakes. OK now I'm hungry!  LOL :):)

Here is the recipe:

1 stick butter soften
1 8oz cream cheese soften
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup nuts ( optional)
( I leave them out and put them on
top of cake if needed)

This covers a regular cake.
If you want some for decorating,make 2 batches. Put frosting in fridge to harden up some, it is a very soft frosting.
After decorating the cake put in fridge.

I hope you liked the recipe.

Thank you so much for stopping by.
And have a blessed Sunday!!


4 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This looks so super yummy!

wicanmoongodes79 said...

that looks good =)

TeresaK said...

You had me at Cream Cheese! I adore cream cheese icing! Thanks for the recipe!
Teresa
www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

Tan's Hobbies said...

It looks so sweet and yummy!! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Mom!! The Cream Cheese Frosting looks so shining and thanks for making me so hungry =P