Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Year In The Life Of A Tree



Hi everyone,

Today I want to share with you a
wonderful stamp from the 
Art-Cure, line of stamps.

I just love this tree stamp!!!
You can make the tree into what
you need for your project.


This is the front of the card.
Just a simple die cut tree from
Memory box inc. called Arboscello tree, layered on red and black card stock
over a white base.

For the base I used a 17 by 5
piece of card stock folded in half,
then in half again, to make an M shape.
This is so I have room to
place four trees.

I stamped out 4 trees and using spellbinders dies, cut them out and embellished them
with flower soft, Spectrum-Noir Markers,
and pearls to look like apples.



The tree started out plain. I added
some color in the background
for the sky, and then a little
 color in the tree. Then used the flower soft.



I did this with all four trees.
Coloring first, then adding the
embellishments.

 Placed them on the card, over a
piece of red card stock, layered
over the white.



I started out with winter.
You can see how beautiful this stamp is!

Then in the spring, when the tree
has all the blossoms, adding 
a little light green.


For summer, I added darker greens,
and the apples.
(yes those are apples LOL)



Then I used fall colors, orange
and yellow. Adding a little pile of leaves
on the ground.
( I know an apple tree doesn't
normally turn these colors, but  I
wanted to show how you can change
the colors to make the tree different)
It's all in fun :)

This is what the card looks like open.


 
All these trees from one stamp.

To see this stamp and all the wonderful
new stamps from the Art Cure Line.
and check them out.

Also don't forget to check out the
This month the theme is sunshine
or yellow. The prize this month is
30.00 in gift certificates.
Just use a Crafter's Companion
stamp, make a project and enter.
That's it, so easy.

I hope you enjoyed the project today.

Thank you so much for stopping by.
And have a scrappy day.

11 comments:

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Kathy, this is an awesome project! I love the way you make the trees come alive with the beautiful details you added! Thanks for excellent directions!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

AmyT said...

This is adorable. I love the different season trees.

Heather Lynn said...

Oh my goodness!! Love your beautiful project!! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
HL

Dawnll said...

I just love the how you used these trees, spectacular colors sweetie

AimePlus4 said...

New follower here, I am just starting out, my aunt is cathyplus5. I am looking for followers too. hopefully will be able to post something soon":)
aime

wicanmoongodes79 said...

Love the showing of the seasons. and the blending of the colors is awesome.

wicanmoongodes79 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wicanmoongodes79 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tan's Hobbies said...

Wow!!! You are so incredibly brilliant, mom!! From one stamp you can create 4 (totally) different types of looks. BEST!!! This creation is awesome!!

Emily H said...

Wow! This is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow Kathy this is so beautiful. I love each season "OH" this would be prefect in a picture frame. TFS AJ~